WWUH 91.3 fm. University of Hartford, 200 Bloomfield Ave. West Hartford CT, 06117. Studio Line (860) 768-4701. On the web at WWUH.ORG

Friday, September 27, 2013

What's Next?? #48 Playlist 09/27/13- The "Got to Get In to Get Out" Edition

What's Next??  Show #48
AIR DATE: 09/27/13 12a-3a 91.3 WWUH, West Hartford CT
The "Got to Get In to Get Out" Edition

PROGRAM NOTES:
This week, we celebrate the release of Peter Gabriel's "And I'll Scratch Yours," the companion CD to 2010's "Scratch My Back."  On "Scratch My Back," Gabriel recorded cover veriosns of 12 songs, with the hopes of all 12 artists covered would record a song of Gabriel's in return.  All but 3 artists did- Gabriel recruited other artits to cover songs in their absence.

Several of the songs were released as iTunes "singles" in early 2010, and 2 of them were released on 45 R.P.M. singles for Record Store Day in 2010.  With the release of "And I'll Scratch Yours," the cover versions of Peter's songs were finally released in their entirety.  On this show I went song-for-song with the new CD, first playing the original version, and then the cover.

For Side 2@2, I played 1974's "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway," the last Genesis release with Gabriel in the group.  The last half hour of the show, I played selections from "Scratch My Back," and a cover version from a tribute CD released in 2002. 
  • Peter Gabriel- "I Don't Remember"  Peter Gabriel (III), 1980, Geffen
  • David Byrne- "I Don't Remember"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Come Talk to Me"  Us, 1992, Geffen
  • Bon Iver- "Come Talk to Me"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013  Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Blood Of Eden"  Us, 1992, Geffen
  • Regina Spektor- "Blood Of Eden"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Not One of Us"  Peter Gabriel (III), 1980, Geffen
  • Stephin Merritt- "Not One of Us"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Shock the Monkey"  Peter Gabriel (Security), 1982, Geffen
  • Joseph Arthur- "Shock the Monkey"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Big Time"  So, 1986, Geffen
  • Randy Newman- "Big Time"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Games Without Frontiers"  Peter Gabriel (III), 1980, Geffen
  • Arcade Fire- "Games Without Frontiers"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Mercy Street"  So, 1986, Geffen
  • Elbow feat. Peter Gabriel- "Mercy Street"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Mother of Violence"  Peter Gabriel (II), 1978, Atlantic
  • Brian Eno- "Mother of Violence"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Don't Give Up"  So, 1986, Geffen
  • Feist- "Don't Give Up"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Solsbury Hill"  Peter Gabriel, 1977, Atco
  • Lou Reed- "Solsbury Hill"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013  Real World
  • Peter Gabriel- "Biko"  Peter Gabriel (III), 1980, Geffen
  • Paul Simon- "Biko"  And I'll Scratch Yours, 2013, Real World
SIDE 2@2: Genesis- "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" 1974, Atco
Track 1- Back in N.Y.C.
Track 2- Hairless Heart
Track 3- Counting Out Time
Track 4- The Carpet Crawlers
Track 5- The Chamber of 32 Doors
  • Talking Heads- "Listening Wind" Remain in Light, 1980, Sire
  • Peter Gabriel- "Listening Wind"  Scratch My Back, 2010, Real World
  • David Bowie- "Heroes"  Heroes, 1977, Rykodisc
  • Peter Gabriel- "Heroes"  Scratch My Back, 2010, Real World
  • Illogical Sample Research Laboratory- "Lead a Normal Life" Leaves From the Tree: A Tribute to Peter Gabriel, 2002, Vitamin
SELECTIONS ARE LISTED BY ARTIST- "SONG TITLE"  ALBUM NAME, YEAR RELEASED, RECORD LABEL

No comments:

Post a Comment